CAPACITY BUILDING OF STAFF & PSYCHOSOCIAL PROGRAMS
- Tutor of Resilience Training & formulation of guideline for the teachers
- Activities with the children- victims of war & application of protocols
- Implementation of guidelines from October 2015 to March 2016
- Application of protocols in April/May 2016
- Note: Facilitation, monitoring & protocols of the project will be by Shanti
Veronica & Letizia left on the 8th while Dina & Kiara stayed on to conduct three programs at Shanti.
- Guidelines on resilience for teachers
- Mother & Child project: Strengthening the bond between preschool mothers & their children
- Youth project: Making of animated cartoons. The youth were fascinated.
- REAL FREEDOM OF THE MOUSE – Shanti centre facebook
Rehabilitation of the Shanty dwellers & families in Colombo living on the banks of the canals of Wellawatte & Dehiwela who are thugs, miscreants, murderers, drug addicts, thieves& prostitutes
In Colombo we get to the parents/ guardians through our PROGRAMS to their children, youth & elders.
COMPLEMENTARY EDUCATION CLASSES
YOUTH ANIMATION & LEADERSHIP PROGRAMS
Extra curricular CELEBRATIONS add to their learning
They manifest their learning & talents at the KIDS CONCERT
- Complementary Education Program – beneficiaries are poor youth & kids from broken homes in the slums who attend regular secondary school. SHANTI provides them YOUTH PROGRAMS an opportunity to learn Sewing ,
Inbuilt into the CELEBRATION of FESTIVALS is the dimension of the youth growing up in Peace & Social Harmony living unbiased as regards race, culture, language or religion.
SHANTI CHILDREN WHO ARE
BUDDHIST, MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN & HINDU
CELEBRATE VESAK-A BUDDHIST FESTIVAL
BY MAKING VESAK LANTERNS
SINHALESE BUDDHISTS JUDGE THE COMPETITION
2014 VESAK LANTERN COMPETITION
R. HARIN -HINDU
FATIMA REHANA – MUSLIM
FRIENDS GROW UP & REMAIN FRIENDS
An annual EDUCATIONAL TOUR
The YOUTH CONCERT to manifest their talents
- Women & Mothers Programs – beneficiaries are poor women & mothers from the slums. Shanti provides them SKILLS TRAINING , seminars in the rights of women & children; FAMILY HEALTH & living with dignity & freedom.
- The mothers who brought their children for the dancing class joined Sujeewa & the teachers in making the costumes for the Shanti Dancing Troupe & dolls.
Elders Program– beneficiaries are poor, ostracized by society & neglected by their relations. SHANTI provides them a weekly opportunity to enjoy a warm meal prepared by Sujeewa, Jenita &Shantha
ELDERS RELAX with a film; share their joys & woes with peers; Shanti provides a meal to take home. The annual PILGRIMAGE is another feature. Shanti cares for the elders with HEALTH CARE & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY.The home bound elders are cared for at home with nutrition & medical aid.
SHANTI’S GOAL IN THE NORTH
SHANTI attempts to create an environment conducive to peace & reconciliation with the victims of war
In the North we work to establish a relationship with the victims of war through a process of RESTORATIVE JUSTICE
- Outreach Program-beneficiaries are the victims of war & natural disasters. SHANTI has obtained Presidential Task Force permission to work with the victims of war;
- Shanti is in the Shelter, Housing & Education sectors; working with the victims of war in the Districts of Kilinochchi, Mullaitivu & Trincomalee. SHANTI is working towards the building up of an environment conducive to peace & reconciliation through a strategy of development via restorative justice. SHANTI’S contribution in this regard is 24 HOUSES for widows, orphans & disabled; 11PRESCHOOLS ; LIVELIHOOD OPTIONS in sewing machines & fishing nets to the victims of war in Puthukudiyiruppu & Mullaitivu School stationery was provided to 15668 kids[affected by the war & floods] in 32 Sinhala, 28 Muslim & 25 Tamil schools living in the Trincomalee District . We help schools attended by the children of the victims of war with educational scholarships, uniforms, school stationery, cycles, water pumps & generators thus sowing the seeds of PEACE & RECONCILIATION in the YOUTH. Shanti responds to the victims of NATURAL DISASTERS island-wide.
Priyadharshan: STUDENT OF Shanti preschool- SINGITHI,
Siddhartha Path, Kirulapone, Colombo 5
Good morning dear Sisters, Brothers and Parents, We have come from the South to North. It brings joy to us to meet you and work together. We are the future of this country and its time that we work as one family
Children from Shanti Preschool- SINGITHI dancing for the kids in Shivanagar preschool
Into that haven of freedom our Father
Let our country awake