SHANTI attempts to create an environment conducive to peace & reconciliation with the victims of war in the North & North-East of Sri Lanka. Restorative Justice to the victims of war in the Districts of Mullaitivu, Kilinochchi & Trincomalee, that has been accomplished by Shanti Comunity Animation Movement.
- 13 preschools with child friendly spaces
- 10 educational scholarships in Mallavi for G.C.E. [Advance Level] students
- 280 cycles to secondary school children in Uruthirapuram & Thunukkai
- Water pumps & electric generator to schools in Shivajinagar & Uruthirapuram
- > 16000students with school stationery
- > 400 livelihood options-sewing machines, fishing nets, puttu & indiappam equipment etc.
Education is the road that children follow to reach their full potential in life. An African proverb reads thus “Educate a boy, and you’re educating an individual. Educate a girl and you are educating an entire village” It is truly a remarkable realization. But an educated woman not only brings empowerment to herself, she brings empowerment to her children as well. 84% of the children who received school stationery from SHANTI were girls.